Starting Day 4

So I was really hoping that Day 4 would be the day I wake and feel the magical difference the power of juice was promised to make. Um, yah, not really. I woke up with neck and back pain. Nothing unusual, while I don't wake up this bad every day, it's an often occurrence. And I didn't feel any more rested than I ever do.

Day 4 Breakfast
I didn't really even feel hungry. I don't know if the lack of hunger was truly my body saying it doesn't want food or if it was my brain saying I can't possibly face another day of only juice. Either way, I forced another breakfast of juice. I had spinach, beet, ginger, celery, cucumber, carrot, tomato and apple. I managed to chug it down without vomiting like I was sure I would. Followed that up with water, water, and more water. It's after noon now and I'm having a cup of hot detox tea. I accidentally used 2 tsp. of agave today. Yes, by accident. I made myself detox tea and my sister chai tea. Hers was supposed to get 2 and mine only 1, but I forgot which one was which until I checked the tea bag and realized I had already put 2 tsp. in mine. Ooops. Maybe it was my subconscious saying it needs more sugar. 


As I sit here and slowly sip the tea that is supposedly helping my body flush away toxins and poisons, I'm realizing that it's going to be time for lunch soon. The thought of more juice makes me nauseous. I want chicken, or a hard-boiled egg, or even a good salad with both of those on top. Mmm...I'm salivating at just the thought of the prized chicken ceasar salad that I know I can't have. I'm mentally strong enough to know that I can deny myself the bad choices that I was making, but I just can't decide if I really want to. It's back to the whole "quality vs. quantity" thing. Like my husband said, is it really worth torturing yourself just to maybe add a few years to your life? Given my current view of life, no, I'm not sure it's worth it. Maybe I just want to be the person who enjoys life to the absolute fullest, isn't always in the best, best of health, can't fit into the skinny jeans she wore before birthing 4 sweet kids, but who ends up in the last days of life saying she wouldn't change a thing. Honestly, who lies on their death bed saying "I wish I had just eaten one more carrot" or "If I had just juiced a few more days..." I'm guessing nobody. 


So 3-1/2 days in and I'm still not sold on the whole juice fast thing. If I felt even a bit more energetic or had even the slightest bit of clarity of mind, then maybe I could believe. But alas, all the wonderful benefits of a juice fast have somehow passed me by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment