Juice Fast: Day 4

And the day ends. I wanted to be in bed by 11 and here it is 30 minutes after that. So I'm going to try and blog quickly so I can head off to dreamland and let my body repair itself.

Today was difficult, but once it was over it didn't really seem that bad. I made a rocking juice this afternoon with 2 apples, 1 pear and 1/4 lemon. It made a great before dinner snack! I'm still not really feeling any different. I know that I'm doing a good thing for my body, I just can't feel it. 

And the best news is the Wii Fit says I'm down another 3.7 pounds! I'm kind of in shock over that since even eating right and exercising didn't drop any pounds for me before. I don't feel any lighter and I'm not convinced that it's not all water weight, but I'll take it for now. 

Tomorrow will be day 5 and I will be breaking my fast. Before I started this, I wasn't sure how long I would fast and I had forgotten that Thursday night I was committed to a taste test with a research company. $75 just to taste and give my opinion on yummy food? Yes, please! I want to break the fast properly and not shock my system so I'll be starting tomorrow night with some soup/broth. Thursday morning I will have a light breakfast and continue eating light throughout the day to prepare my digestive system for Thursday night.

Hunger pains are fewer and farther between. After dinner tonight I started feeling hungry again, but was able to drink some water and finally a cup of hot Tazo Calm tea and the growling subsided. It's been a huge thing for me to try and recognize my body truly needing nourishment.

I have more thoughts, but the bed is calling my name. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I jump out of bed with a tremendous, amazing burst of energy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment