Confessions from a Foodaholic

So it's been a few days since I've blogged. I broke my fast last Wednesday night so I could do the taste test Thursday night. I did, it was yum, I got sick. 'Nuff said about that!

Friday I made good choices. My husband even took me to my favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, and I only ate half my meal and boxed the rest for later. After that, I had a tall (IE small) decaf latte from Starbucks.

Saturday was pretty good, well until the football party at my sister's. I didn't do so bad, only one mountain dew, but I did splurge on spinach-artichoke dip and smores. Sunday was good again. I even juiced.

Lots of produce for our juice
Monday brought temptation. My sister came over around lunchtime and we were both wanting McDonalds. I know, gross, right? Well, since we were both too lazy to actually get in the car and drive there, I decided to make us a huge batch of juice instead. Score on the healthy choice! I made 48 ounces of juice and we split it. And since I've been wanting to get back to exercising, I did 46 minutes on the Wii Fit. Not the best workout, I know, but for now it's what I've got.

48 ounces of juice!
Then comes today. Again, my sister came around lunch time. Again, we craved McDonalds. But unlike yesterday, she was willing to drive the few miles to satisfy the hunger for Big Macs and fries. And since it was a bad choice anyways, I decided to wash it down with a mountain dew. Sure it tasted good. But almost immediately afterwards I regretted it. I just felt really gross, fat and stuffed. Not a great feeling. 

 I wasn't hungry at dinnertime and had already decided I was going to juice instead of eating the hot dog and mac & cheese the rest of the family was eating. I ended up being tempted by a Snickers Almond candy bar my sister was waving in my face. Ok, not technically waving it specfically, but she was showing me a full bag of candy. Over 200 calories just because of my lack of self control. Ugh! But I did exercise tonight for an hour! I had my "dinner" juice when I finally had time to sit down and relax. A spinach, carrot, apple, tomato cocktail was the juice of choice. I used a huge bunch of spinach leaves and fully expected it to taste nasty. Surprisingly it was pretty good. The apple gave it just enough sweetness to be halfway yummy, despite it's puke-green appearance.

All I want is to lose weight, feel better and get healthier. It was much easier to have self-control and will power on the fast. Knowing that I couldn't eat anything but juice and water helped me resist temptations and stay focused. Right now I don't know what my game plan is going to be, but something's gotta give. And I'm not ruling out the possibility of another juice fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment