My Easy Vegetable Soup

So usually when I make veggie soup, I just get out a stock pot, or the crockpot, and start to throw a bunch of things in. Here's what I did tonight.

In the stock pot since I only had about 1-1/2 hrs to cook it.

1 tbls. minced garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth
2 cans red kidney beans
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
Italian Seasoning, sea salt, pepper and parsley
Water to cover
approx. 1-1/2 cups macaroni noodles

I simmered it, covered, for about an hour and 20 minutes. Then I added the noodles and cooked it another 8 minutes or so. It wasn't too soupy, I could have added more water. But Jacob said it was the best and asked if I could make it every week.

Oh, and the best part? It probably cost me about $.50/serving or less to make this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment